Upside Down Apple Bread Pudding
An easy recipe for a yummy upside down bread pudding.
A bread pudding with a difference…
Your family will insist you add it to your family favourite recipes.
For the sauce
- ¼ cup of butter
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 sliced apples
For the pudding
- ½ loaf of bread or one medium French loaf
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- In an oven proof dish or baking pan, add your butter – heat this up to melt. Add the sugar and press it all down firmly onto the baking dish/pan – set this aside to cool
- Cut your bread into pieces. It doesn’t have to be the same size or perfect 😊
- In a bowl combine your white and brown sugar add your cinnamon, salt, 2 cups of milk, vanilla essence, and 4 eggs. Mix this all together.
- Add your bread pieces & mix to coat the bread.
- Take your cooler sugar and butter mixture and layer your sliced apples on top – making sure to cover the bottom evenly.
- Pour the bread mixture onto the sliced apples. Press down firmly.
- Bake in a preheated 200-degree oven for 40 min, or until baked.
- Once baked, turn it upside down onto a serving dish. Serve warm with fresh cream, custard or ice cream.