Hot Dogs With A Twist
Who doesn’t love hot dogs? This all time favourite gets a twist.
These are great as snacks and for lunchbox treats!
Use shop bought puff pastry or make the easy dough recipe below.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour. shake the measuring cup when adding flour.
- ¾ teaspoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 packet of cheese griller or plain viennas
- 1/3 cup of milk
- Grated cheese
- Mix the water, sugar, and yeast and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients including the yeast mixture (don’t add the hot dogs). Knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
- Place dough in lightly greased bowl, cover, and let it rise for 1 ½ hours to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Knead the dough for 1 minute.
- Place wax paper over baking sheet.
- Roll the dough out and cut into equal strips. One long strip for each Vienna. Sprinkle each strip with grated cheese and wrap it around your Vienna, and place on baking sheet. Cover and let rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Brush each Dough covered Vienna with a little milk and pop it into your pre heated oven
- Bake for 13 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven or until golden brown.
- After it’s baked, brush with butter. Serve hot.