Easy Mini Lasagne Cupcakes
A firm favourite with kids and adults alike, these super easy to make mini lasagne cupcakes are absolutely delicious.
From lunch box treats to party snacks
My kids are always happy when they get mini lasagne cupcakes in their lunch boxes. These little bites of delicousness also make great party snacks.
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 small onion or half a large one
- 1 teaspoon chopped or crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 150g minced meat
- 300g chopped or tinned tomatoes
- Wonton Sheets (This can be substituted with puff pastry) cut into squares
- 1 tub Ricotta or cream cheese
- On a medium heat add the oil, onion, garlic, – cook until soft.
- Once the garlic is light brown add your oregano and parsley
- Add your minced meat, and fry until cooked and in small pieces.
- Add salt to taste
- Add you chopped tomatoes – simmer until tomatoes are soft and the liquid is reduced to half.
- Set aside to cool down.
- Grease a muffin tin with some butter or margarine,
- Layer your puff pastry or wonton sheets inside your muffin pans – making sure the bottom is closed and the sides are pressed firmly against the side of the pans. Add a teaspoon of ricotta or cream cheese into the bottom of every muffin casing. Please a teaspoon or the mince sauce on top of the cheese. Place another pastry layer on top, cheese and sauce. Keep layering. On average you should make 2 or 3 layers.
- Bake them in a240 degree preheated oven for 10 min or until they golden brown
- Once baked let them cool slightly in the pan. Use a blunt knife to take them out.
- Serve with your favourite sauce