Everyone in my family loves bread pudding and they always ask for second helpings when I make this recipe.
Makes a great breakfast and a delicious dessert in only 4 steps.
Try this yummy bread pudding with milk over the top for a great breakfast, or with cream for a delicious dessert.
- 6 slices day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.